What else now ?

Fini Teesside mais ca ne s'arrete pas pour autant !

31 January 2007

3D modelling...

... My lecture has been cancelled... thanks to that i'm at the library early in the morning and i'm able to write a new post here about the 3d modelling. (I could go back to my bed ... but as i'm already out, it's not woth it, is it ? )

Actually i started the modelling of my character a few days ago and I have already some quick render to show.

First I'm gonna explain how it works. At the beginning of almost every object o
r charcater, we start with a basic cube and then we duplicate some faces, we modify the scale, the angle, move some points ... and at the end, it starts to look like what you wanted.

Since i started the modelling, i changed a bit my character, I figured out that some of the aspects of my character could be removed or modified. So, he lost his nice hair cut (yep, Louis XVI asked for his wig back :P). Seriously, I think he looks better without the hair and I modified the wings too. You'll see that soon.

Here you can see one of the render I've done at the beginning of the modelling:











As you can see, the head is not really nice and the wings are too discreet. That's why i decided to redo the head and the wings in another style. I redid the character design drawings but as they aren' t finalised yet i'll add them in a few...

So back to the software with my new design char
cater, i used the same technics but I used them in a better way :) and here is my almost finished Angel (almost yep cos I' m sure I will modify it again slightly in the future)

Here is the wireframe render to show you briefly how its structure is, it will probably change a bit because of his skeleton i have to add some polygons to the articulations but basicly here is it under his skin :











And now the moment you were waiting for of course, the quick render :




There is no colours on him at the moment. I wanna try some design clothes but i haven't created the textures yet. That's the next step.

As i said i'll add the new character design soon no worries ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home